Monday, June 11, 2012

Back to the routine.

I got a long night’s sleep last night, and got to swimming this morning, so I guess I’m on the way to getting over the jet lag. I know it’ll take a while longer, but we’ll get there. We even went to bridge this afternoon…and have been up this late without a nap.

The trip was mostly terrific. We saw some great cities and learned about some smaller ones. The stops were in Venice, Ravenna, Split (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Taormina (Sicily), Pompeii, Rome, Florence, Marseille (Avignon and Arles), and Cannes. The ship was really nice - small with 322 passengers on this trip. Great food and staff. The Road Scholar group was a good one - only 22 this time - and only one real clinker in the bunch. We’ll probably keep in touch with at least a couple of the single women - at least to exchange pictures.

Venice and Rome were just too crowded and touristy for our tastes - although with the wonderful stuff to see. We didn’t see nearly enough of it. For a variety of reasons, the stop in Florence was mishandled, and we wound up doing a lot more walking than necessary. I found I can’t do nearly as much walking as I thought I could, so I relied heavily on my cane and John and skipped some of the excursions. We loved the smaller stops.

We’ll keep working on getting back to “normal”. At least I’ve managed to put off WalMart until tomorrow.

I’ll be posting some pictures when we can get them into the computer and done some editing.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I'm looking forward to your photos, but I have to say: I am really glad you're back!