Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Laptop checkup

I got lots done this morning. I walked 15 minutes on the treadmill at the Y; took clothes to the Community Kitchen; got my service tweaked at Verizon; and took the laptop to Staples to get the microphone turned on (which I couldn't figure out by myself). They're having a free tune-up service now, so I left it overnight (withdrawal!!). I'm on John's desktop this evening - trying to find where I've hidden things.

We had signed up for a downtown history tour with the History Center tonight. It was fun - and it was hot (mid80s), but there was a nice breeze. We ate dinner afterwards at a Genghis Grill - a first time for us. You get a bowl and pick what meats, veggies, and sauce you want, then they cook it for you on a huge grill. It's brought to your table in another bowl, served on the rice or noodles you've chosen. It's really quite good and a nice amount.

The next 6-week session of painting starts tomorrow, and then I have a massage. I do hope I get my laptop back tomorrow, and can pick it up on the way home.

Did you see the list of 10 worst allergy cities in the US? Knoxville, TN, was first, followed by McAllen, TX in #2. Chattanooga was 6th or 7th. The nasty yellow stuff is starting to coat our cars.

No comments: