Thursday, October 25, 2007



We got to sleep late this morning - at least late for us - between 7:30 and 8 a.m. It was NICE! I'm glad we're finally learning how to do that, AND to have the opportunity to do it from time to time.


A special early morning surprise was a call from a SeniorNet friend who lives in Chattanooga. We've been communicating on line for more than a year, but this is the first time we've actually talked on the phone. We're working on it, and I'm hoping that we'll actually meet in person before too much longer.


We had lovely weather today. I do love the cooler weather, and our high was 64. John's not too happy about it, but then he has to listen to me complain about hot summer weather. He's had to change to his "winter uniform" - jeans and a sweat shirt. I got out a sweat shirt today, too - and it felt good. We haven't turned the heat on yet, though.


As they burn out, we're gradually changing our light bulbs from incandescent to fluorescent. I'd prefer more wattage than we're able to get from the fluorescent at this time, but I'll get used to it. It's certainly one of the easiest things we can do to decrease our energy use.


I've e-mailed a cousin and an old friend in Houston about our going to be there for my 50th Rice reunion. My cousin will be out of town that weekend, but we'll be seeing her in January in any case. It'll be an interesting weekend in any case.


The doctor's office actually called me this week to make me an appointment. I had contacted the pharmacy for a refill, and the doc said I needed to be seen before getting the refill. I am glad that they're keeping track of things like that. It's surely good medicine. I will have to miss painting tomorrow, but I guess I can handle that. It has been a while since I've been in for some routine stuff, so I guess it's a good thing.


Today's picture is of Prague's red tile rooftops.

No comments: