Saturday, October 27, 2007

Computer games


What games do YOU play on the computer? C'mon now - fess up! You know you play games. We certainly do, and I'm sure we don't even scratch the surface of the number and variety of games that can be found. I'll admit righte out that we don't play the shoot-em-up, action games. Some of the games that I play have a timer so you know how long it takes you, but I don't like to play against the clock.


OK, you say, "I don't waste my time playing games on the computer." Questions: Do you play solitaire with cards? Do you work jigsaw puzzles? Do you work crossword puzzles, jumbles, crostics, cryptograms, or sudoku in the newspaper? Do you play bridge? hearts? Do you play backgammon? Do you play dominoes? Do you play Rummi-Kub? Do you play scrabble? I'll bet you do.


Surprise! You can play ALL these games on the computer, on-line or purchased from the store, or maybe they were already installed when you bought your computer. Check it out! You'll be amazed at what you can find. And how much fun they are. You can play them by yourself or find people all over the world to play with and/or against.


Like the sound effects? Turn the sound up on your speakers. Hate the sound effects? Turn the sound off. I love playing solitaire when I don't have to pick the cards up, shuffle them, and redeal the layout. And no erasers needed for the pencil puzzles.


The experts tell us to "use it or lose it". This goes for our minds as well as our bodies. All these games exercise the mind, keeping it well-oiled and active. I've even found a word puzzle that is based on the news of the day, so I have to keep up witih what's going on in the world, as well as figure out missing words.


Look around and see what you can find. It's worth wasting (or investing) a few minutes. And I'd love to hear what kind of games YOU like to play.


Today's picture has nothing to do with puzzles. It's another photo from Prague - what a lovely city this is.

No comments: