Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A busy day


It was a busy day from the get-go today. I'm glad we slept late to start it off. First off was a treat for myself - the wireless mouse for the laptop was in its death throes, so I decided to retire it. I got a new one, and it's working just like it's supposed to. This year's flu shot came next - a longer wait than hoped-for - but it didn't hurt all that much. Voting early in our special state senate election took less than 5 minutes. And I felt good about both those things.


I did something today that I haven't done in a long, long time. I agreed to serve on the board of an organization. This is the Board of the Friends of the Library (the Chattanooga/Hamilton County Library). I haven't taken on such a responsibility in a long time. We spend so much time travelling that I haven't wanted to make a commitment that I couldn't keep. I do think this is a great organization, and I hope I can make a contribution. I certainly appreciate their giving me the opportunity to serve our community.


We had fun this evening. The UTC (University of Tennessee Chattanooga) men's and women's basketball teams (The Mocs) had their Blue/Gold games tonight. More than games, these are really scrimmages to introduce the teams to the fans, and get the fans excited about the upcoming season. We were already excited, but it's fun to do. The opening exhibition game is againse Lee University on Thursday.


Obit: Robert Goulet died today, 1933-2007.


Today's photos is one of John's - a fountain at a restaurant in Prague.

No comments: