Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FOUR inches!


We've had 4 inches of rain in the last three days. And we still have more rain predicted for the next couple of days. That's almost more rain that we've had total since last spring.


Of course, it's all relative. At least we're not on fire. The fires in CA are just incredible! Our family out there (John's sister and BIL in Torrance; granddaughter Alison in San Diego) are out of harm's way, thankfully, but of course being affected by the smoke and winds. We do hope they'll get some relief soon.


Click here to read an article in the New York Times about SeniorNet. I talk about SN all the time, and this has a great piece about what's done in the SN centers around the country. I wish we had one here in Chattanooga, but there are several of us here who participate in the on-line Discussions. Check it out sometime - SeniorNet . It's free, although paid membership is optional and always welcome.


I've got lots of knitting going on right now. Usually, I try to finish one project before I start another - and now I have four going on at one time. As always, I have a pair of socks going, and that's the one I need to finish first. After all, I have orders for two more pairs already. Then there's the sweater that Kate asked me to do for her. Well, that's not quite true. She told me about it, and I volunteered to do it. Well, maybe she did whine just a little bit. Last week, Vicki asked if I would knit her a V-necked sleeveless sweater. Piece of cake, right? So that's on the needles, too. And, of course, the major project is the afghan I've started for a wedding present for Matt and Amanda. But I have until May to get that done. Guess I know what I'll be doing on the RiverBarge while watching the rivers go by.


Now that I've covered the trip, I guess I need to find something else exciting to do to write about. Y'all stay with me while I work on that.


Today's photo is a rose in Prague.

No comments: