Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Update


It's 41* here now, and supposed to get near freezing tonight. I hope I don't have to scrape the windshield in the morning. My appointment with the spine clinic is at 9 tomorrow morning.  I haven't been to this location before, so will be leaving the house between 8 and 8:15, to be sure to get there on time.  I'm feeling better than a couple of days ago - more like the usual level of pain.  I don't know what happened to cause the severe pain (up to an 8 or 9 on the scale) of Sunday and Monday, but it wasn't there when I got up on Tuesday.  For this, I'm very grateful! I had an optometry checkup last week, and have new glasses ordered.  I'll pick them up on Friday.

The monthly residents' meeting was this afternoon.  I guess there's always drama in any senior living facility, and this place is no exception.  Our Executive Director is leaving as of this week.  At least he wasn't fired, it was a personal decision (he's moving back to Texas where his wife is in a long-time job).  In any case, he's been quite good, and everybody pretty  much likes him.  So now corporate has to find somebody new, and we have to "break him/her in".  In the two years I've lived here, this will be the 4th ED, along with the second corporate owner.  Oh, well...

In the technology department, Comcast/Xfinity sent me a new piece of equipment, saying that it's is "easy to install", and I should be able to do it myself.  Yeah, right!  With great trepidation, I set out to do this chore - along with mental plans for what to do when I couldn't make it work.  To my great amazement, all I had to do was unplug three plugs from the old one, and plug them into the new one, then get on my devices and re-log in to my network.  The whole process took about 30 minutes.  And, what I'm proudest of, I remembered to get the serial number of the equipment and put it in the listing where I keep all my passwords, etc.

No comments: