Monday, August 21, 2017

The Eclipse!

Margaret and Jesse picked me up about 12:30 ET.  We drove north and west, and stopped in a grassy area next to a McDonald's in Pikeville,  TN (look it up on Google maps).  We were not alone - there were about a dozen other cars there, and groups in every church and school parking lot we passed. It was fabulous! The glasses worked like a charm, and the totality lasted about 2.25 minutes. There were cumulus clouds around near the horizon, but around the sun, it was absolutely clear. It didn't get as dark as I had expected, but definitely dark and cooler. And we heard the crickets start up as soon as it got dark.  We left when it was about half-way "off", and got in the only traffic we had seen thus far. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I'm SO glad Margaret made that happen for me.

On another front, they left to take my Nissan back to Margaret's for Jesse to look at and to evaluate it for his possibly fixing it.  They left me with Margaret's Ford Escape, so I have a neat car to drive.  We're all open to all possibilities now - keeping it, buying something else, my buying Margaret's Escape and her buying something else.  Who knows where all this will go.

No comments: