Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sighhhhhh!

I thought I had all the car stuff almost settled, and now it turns out that almost nothing is.  The guy who was going to buy my car is really looking for a small truck.  He thinks one of the other maintenance guys is interested, though.  On the "new car" front, that may have fallen through, too.  I talked to the guy this morning.  He decided to talk the sale over with some of the other family members, and some of them have expressed an interest in the car.  He may get back to me in a day or two, if none of them really want the car.  Sighhhhhh!  But I've talked to Margaret and Jesse, and he's sure he can fix my car.  So it's beginning to look like I might be keeping the good ol' Altima.

AND, just to keep things interesting, the ceiling in my living room started flaking off last night, with pieces hitting the floor.  Maintenance came quickly this morning.  Turns out it's the popcorn-y paint that hadn't been properly primed and was flaking off in big pieces.  He scraped a bunch of it off, and has put on a first coat of something.   I guess nothing ever goes smoothly, does it. Not even the painted ceiling.

No comments: