Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Today was for me.

I’ve been having some severe sharp stabbing pains in my right arm in the area of the shoulder replacement. I’ve afraid there was something amiss with the prosthesis that would require more surgery, and I certainly didn‘t want to deal with that at this point.

The doc didn’t take x-rays, but he was able to reproduce the pain (big ouch!). He says that the sharp pain is coming from where the deltoid muscle is attached to the bone where it holds the shaft of the prosthesis. He recommended upward deep massage with an OTC rub (Ben-Gay, Aspercreme, etc.), and to just keep using the arm. So that means more work on the arms in the pool. I’ll ask my massage therapist to do extra work on that area. What a relief! I’ll see him again the end of July. Maybe by then, I’ll be ready start talking about my knee.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

So glad your pain seems to be manageable with a change in routine and not more surgery!