Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sunday Stealing

 

The Random Randomness Meme, Part 2
 
What was your first alcoholic drink?
Bourbon and water - I grew up in Texas in the early 1950s. Standard fare.
 What was your first job?
Besides babysitting, I worked helping to collate specifics about room fittings in a new hospital (around 1950), and then I transcribed dictation of old autopsies.
What was your first car?
I learned to drive a 1950 straight-shift  Chevrolet.
 
What was your first mobile phone?
A flip-front AT&T phone

What is your first proper memory?
I remember closing the refrigerator door on my thumb when I was 3.

Who was your first teacher?
My first grade teacher was Mrs. Wildermuth (same as John’s) 
 
Which fictional character do you wish was real?
Josiah Bartlet - the President on The West Wing

Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
From Nashville to Lexington, KY.

 Who was your first best friend?
Betty Lou LaMaster
 What was your first detention for?
I don’t think I was ever kept after school (detention in the old days)
What's your strongest sense?
Honesty and fair play.
 
Who was your first kiss?
I don’t remember, isn’t that awful?
 
What was the first film you remember seeing at the cinema?
Dumbo or Bambi - I’m not sure which
 
What's the largest amount of money you've ever won?
I’ve never won any money.
 
What's the largest amount of money you've spent in one spree?
I don’t do spending sprees.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Slow to anger, but then watch out.
Have you ever got sweet revenge on anyone?
Not that I know of - it’s usually a wasted emotion.
Have you ever been to a live concert?
Other than symphony or chamber music or theater? We’ve been to a Jimmy Buffett concert.
 
Have you ever been to see stand up comedy?
We saw Brett Butler at a local comedy club. Not a favorite form of entertainment
 
Have you ever needed stitches?
Oh, that IS funny!  Surgical or injury?  Uncountable.
 
 


No comments: