Monday, October 07, 2013

Ruth Benerito (and other stuff)

My previously unknown heroine!

Ruth Benerito died today at age 97 in LA. Until today, I'd never heard of her or that she was one of my heroes. She invented permanent press. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about ironing - and that I stopped ironing as soon as permanent press was invented and I could replace all our clothes. This previously unknown savior contributed a large benefit to my life. Click here for the Wikipedia site and click here for a Slate obituary about her.
==================================
Why do so many of the police procedural programs (the ones we watch regularly) feel they have to have a continuing psychopathic killer that goes on for many episodes and even seasons? These really turn me off and I’m about to stop watching them for that reason. These include Bones, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, and probably others. It looks like Bones might have finally gotten rid of the one on that problem, but who knows. Anyhow. I really wish they’d get rid of these story lines.
===================================
I spent a quick hour this morning at the oral surgeon’s getting an upper back tooth removed. I don’t remember much about it - love that light IV anesthesia plus an Atavan. I’ve been taking my pain meds, drinking milkshakes for nutrition, and sleeping. All that seems to be working well. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I agree with you on the serial killer story lines. There is definitely a limit to how much evil we can listen to. I don't watch the reruns of those episodes as much, though I will never mind seeing the last of Pelant.

Enjoy your milkshakes and a little ice cream. The perfect food.