Sunday, July 21, 2013

Meme from Sunday Stealing


Have you ever clicked on an ad on the side of your screen by accident?:      Of course - and I’ve gotten out ASAP.
When was the last time you were disappointed?:

     I can’t remember. Disappointment is like regret - usually not worth the energy.
Do you like the smell of rain?:

     Love it - especially when after it hasn’t rained for a while and is just starting.
What was the last thing you took a picture of?:

    Mountain laurel on the Blue Ridge Parkway last week.
When you go to McDonald's, what drink do you usually get?:

     Coffee. We don’t go to McDonald’s except when we’re on the road and need a pot stop. We usually get refills of their good coffee.
What were you doing today at 2:15 in the afternoon?:

     Today? Watching Bill Moyer’s Journal on PBS.
What's the nickname of your home state?:

     The Volunteer State
What's the worst type of weather in your opinion?:

       Hot, steamy summer weather
Do you have a Kindle, Nook, iPad or none?:

       I had a Kindle until the girls gave me an iPad last year. I gave my Kindle to Margaret.
Would you rather read or write?:

      Read.
When was the last time someone took a picture of you?:

      John took a picture of us a couple of weeks ago when I was helping Tina with some knitting.
Do you own a pair of slippers?:

      Yes. It’s the closest I can get to going barefoot.
Name something negative that you hate about yourself:

      My lack of balance and stamina, my weight.
Is your house currently hot, cold or just right?:

      Just right, with the a/c going.
Is there a Dead End road near where you live?:

      In our residential neighborhood, there are a number of dead end streets.
Do you roll your eyes often?:

     Only when necessary.
Growing up, did you see your cousins often?:

     No. I wish it had been possible, but geography was against it.
Where was your first job at?:

     Bad grammar! It should be “Where was your first job?” Anyway, because of my parents, I had a job in the Pathology Department of a local hospital filing and typing old autopsy reports.
When's your birthday?:

      16 March.
Is life a party to you?:

      I enjoy life, but I don’t know that I’d call it a party.
Who are you tired of seeing in the news a lot? :

      Tea party politicians who obviously hate women and so-called celebrities.
When was the last time you flew a kite?:

      Jean flew one last month at the beach. I can’t remember when I did.
How long have you had a blog?:

      Since 2005.
Have you ever had to call and complain about a product you bought?:

      Yes, of course. I don’t believe in suffering silently.
Name something positive you love about yourself:

      I think I’m a pretty good wife, mother and friend.
===========================================
This is one of John's pictures of mountain laurel.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

We don't see mountain laurel much any more. As the state flower, it is protected, and you just can't transplant a bush you find in the wild.

For years, we lived next to people who had it in their yard. I don't think I've come across it since my mother moved out.

Thanks for reminding me. 8)