Monday, July 08, 2013

Hidden


The Rachel

One of the neat things we have discovered at “our beach” over the last few years has been a partially buried shipwreck. We’ve been coming to this stretch of beach for about 20 years, and the Rachel just appeared a couple of years ago. It was uncovered this time by a series of hurricanes. Click on the link to read more about the history.

I’d never seen it because it was farther down the beach that I’m able to walk. This year, John had the idea to drive the non-walkers to where there was just a short walk to the beach. So I finally got to see the Rachel. It’s really amazing to see this wreck right in front of a row of rental vacation houses.

Jean took these pictures for me.



 

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

What a fascinating story. I'm glad you got to see it!