Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday, Grand Manan

We had another great day today - out on the boat again. John had gone for a walk with some of the others, and I went to find a pharmacy to pick up some stuff. I found some great gloves! I guess they're usually used as liners, and they looked like children's gloves. But they were very stretchy, and surprisingly warm. Plus they came 4 to a package. So John got to have one on his "good" hand. It wasn't nearly as windy or as cold on the boat today, but I was still very glad for the toboggan hat and the gloves.

We got to go whale watching again and saw another group of whales thrashing and playing - maybe 25 this time. Actually sex play - not mating, but the North Atlantic Right Whale males are just oversexed, and are ready at any time. Just amazing! And we looked at some of what they call the Dark Side of the Island. Not many people live there because there are high cliffs that fall straight into the sea. Grand Manan is really lovely!

We had grilled scallops, basmati rice, sweet potato, and leeks for dinner tonight. The food here has been spectacular! I'm dreading getting on the scales when we get home. But the clothes still fit. And I even got a new t-shirt today in a MEDIUM!!!!! I haven't worn one that size since I can't remember when!

We packed up after dinner tonight. John got our tickets for the ferry tomorrow, and we'll be on the 11:30 a.m. ferry heading back into the US. We'll probably stay somewhere in Maine tomorrow night.

No comments: