Monday, September 01, 2008

It wasn't a holiday for Gustav

Gustav is now inland, with wind, rain, and potential tornadoes still to come. Things were certainly bad enough - even without devastation like Katrina. At least the evacuation was well handled this time, and the government services were pretty much under control. But, watch out, Hanna and Ike are out there waiting in line.

The YMCA was closed today because of the Labor Day Holiday, so no swimming. I did get to Wal-Mart early, though. I didn't have to get much in the way of groceries, but I did find a pair of jeans and some black pants. I went out again, looking for a denim skirt. It's too late in the season for that, but I did find a khaki skirt. That'll work. John brought the suitcases up, so now I'll have to make some decisions.

I picked the paintings that need to go back to the Gallery for the city-side Gallery Hop in a couple of weeks. I had to be sure everything was priced, and that there was a list of the larger pieces. Vicki said that nearly everything had been moved. She's going to do more throwing-out as she unpacks the boxes. The other artists will be coming in to help with hanging for the show and generally getting things ready. I really hate that we won't be here for the event.

Today's photo is one of my paintings that willl be hung. It's 36x18", acrylic on canvas. Any suggestions for a title?

No comments: