Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nut magnets



We just got lots of rain (1.1") today - and we'll take every drop.

Our "dinner party" last night was really fun. Margaret was here - she says that John and I are "nut magnets". I guess that's a pretty good description, and we wear it as a badge of honor. We're lucky to have some pretty fantastic friends.

I got a couple of lasagnas and some of corn from the Smiths out of the freezer for dinner. What a great meal that makes, with minimal work. To me, it's as easy to make a bunch of lasagnas as it is to make one. Then I have a "casserole" to take to friends for an illness or a death, or for company when I don't feel like cooking. We had the leftovers tonight for supper. Just some short naps, but the guys have gone to bed, and I won't be long.

At least the Lady Vols won tonight - at Vanderbilt, 81-68! We have our next-to-last Lady Mocs home game tomorrow night.

We just hung out around the house today, talking. John went all day with his arm out of the sling. Of course, he didn't leave the house. His goal is to be able to row by July, and I know he's going to work hard. Tomorrow will be another busy Monday.

Tonight's photo is John and Allan sitting around talking after dinner.

No comments: