Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Monday!


It's been a long hard Monday. We both had eye check-up appointments this morning. We have full exams twice a year because of various eye problems - nothing serious at this point, but worth the extra watching.

I hope this was the last Wal-Mart before our Thanksgiving dinner. That will be on Friday this year. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

We have a smaller group than usual at bridge today. And the cards were pretty poor. I never add up my score, but I know it wasn't good. And not only that, I had the wash to finish up when I got home. Poor me, aren't I pitiful!!! Gee, it's a tough life. Well, enough about me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes even the Tennessee Legislature can come up with a good idea. A bill was introduced providing up to $8,000 to cover the costs of college for Tennessee veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. What a great thing - almost a 21st Century version of the G.I. Bill. Now if they will just pass the bill.

Today's photo is what makes our National Battlefields so difficult to visit.

No comments: