Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sunday Stealing


In honor of the Olympics starting, here are some winter-related questions stolen from Bogglesworld
1. Do you prefer winter or summer? Why? Actually I prefer spring or fall, but if I have to choose, I'll take winter.  I can always get warm with more clothes, but dealing with the heat is harder (such a "first world" problem).
2. What are your favorite winter activities?
Knitting, bridge, reading, computer, TV - something indoors - pretty much the same as any other time of the year.
3. Can you tell me about a time you went skiing or skating?
Never.
4. Have you ever made a snow angel?
Yes
5. Is your house cold?
Nope, keep it set on about 68F.
6. Do you have a fireplace in your house?
Not now.  The house had one, but it had been years since John had built a fire in it.
7. What do you usually do to keep warm in the winter?
Stay inside and wear sweats.
8. Have you ever gone hiking in the snow?
Of course not!
9. Tell me about a snowball fight you had.
I grew up in Houston, TX - nothing like that there.
10. Have you ever looked at a snowflake carefully?
Only in pictures.
11. Do you have a sled? Have you been sledding?
Nope.
12. What do you usually do after a big snowfall?
A "big snowfall" around here is 2".  We wait until it melts and then go on about our business.
13. What’s the best thing about winter?
No bugs, no pollen, no sweaty heat.
14. What’s the worst thing about winter?
Ice, snow, no flowers or plants on my deck.
15. Have you ever been in a blizzard?
Once - the "Blizzard of '93", when we had 23" of snow and it took a week to get even remotely near normal.
16. Can you describe ice for me?
Good to put in your glass.

17. Have you ever slipped on ice and hurt yourself? I've slipped on a snow patch, but just landed on my backside and only hurt my dignity (of which I have very little).
18.Have you ever had to shovel snow?
Certainly not.
19. Will you be watching the Olympics?
Yes.
20. If yes, what are your favorite events?
I like curling, speed skating, figure skating, downhill skiing, bobsled.

No comments: