Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you? I took Latin and French in high school, French in college.  When we started with the Venezuelan teenage exchange program in the 1970s, I took a course in Spanish at the local community college.  I can mostly read a French or Spanish menu, and come up with some words, but certainly not carry on a conversation.
2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type? I've never donated blood, but John did regularly.  I'm A+.
3. Have you ever been in a play or musical? I was in the revues some of the organizations did in college, and participated backstage in some community theater in the 1960s, but nothing since.
4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone? I've never set special rings for different people.  I did set my own ring for the phone, though.  I just picked one from the choices given with the phone.
5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now? Probably around 2000.  I don't remember exactly why I changed, but I haven't used film since.  Since I broke my arm in 2012, I have used only my phone, and picked my current phone because it had the best camera.
6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is? Probably travel to Antarctica.
7. Do you talk with your hands? Of course
8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it? No.
9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now? When I was a child, during WW2, we were given reconstituted evaporated milk to drink.  I don't remember drinking milk after that, just putting it on cereal.  That's all I use milk for now, and I use 2% milk.
10. What is your favorite kind of pie? Mincemeat, lemon meringue, chess pie.
11. Are you a note taker? Not so much a "taker" as a "maker".
12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy? It's electic, but my favorites now are my thermal mug (from Randy) that keeps my coffee hot like a thermos, and my hand-made mug (from Jean) to drink it out of.
13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever? My whole house is a junk drawer.
14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it? I worked for the group of surgeons and orthopedic surgeons for about 10 years.
15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly? I was in my late 20s and flew from Nashville (where we were living at the time) to Lexington, KY, to visit my sister.

No comments: