Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Here are some conversation starters, stolen from Conversation Starters

1. What are some small things that make your day better? sunshine, family, knitting, coffee.
2. What shows are you into?
TV shows?  NCIS, This is Us, The Crown, Longmire, Victoria, others
3. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
There are zillions of channels now that I don't watch.  I don't know what else there could be.
4. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
My grandchildren (and their parents, of course).
5. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
I don't know that I'd want to be stuck in one age, but maybe in my late 50s/early 60s.
6. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Any "reality" show.
7. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
I could make do without a lot of things, but I'd hate to be without a computer of some sort.
8. What’s your claim to fame?
My great daughters.
9. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
I'm usually up to try some new things, but sometimes I have to be convinced.
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
I like mysteries and nonfiction.
11. How often do you people watch?
Every time I get the chance.  Airports are the greatest place.
12. What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
Over the past couple of years, I have learned to love my smart phone.
13. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
I'm always surprised at how many people don't really know what knitting is.
14. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
I've been on 6 of the 7 continents (missing Africa) - so a long way.
15. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
I never stop getting choked up when they show the films of coming-home military parents surprising their children.


16. What is the most annoying question that people ask you? How much do you weigh (in the doctor's office)?
17. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Knitting; playing bridge.
18. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
Institute free education for everybody, and leave the governing to someone else.
19. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Try new things, get out of your comfort zone, and be open to new ideas.

No comments: