Thursday, February 23, 2017

Happy Thursday!


Today was a busy day - at least I got off my posterior more than usual.  I went to the rheumatologist this morning for a regular appointment.   When asked about my pain level, I was surprised to answer "less than 1".  I don't know whether it's the warm weather, or just that I've been so sick with the damned allergies that everything arthritic just faded into the background.  In any case, they recommended I try one of the Coricidin HBP products for symptom relief.  I had planned to stop at the drugstore on the way home anyway, so it was a chance to get some.

I was going to stop at the drugstore mainly to get a TDaP shot, which had been prescribed by my family doctor.  She says insurance won't pay for it if she does it in her office, but it will at the drugstore.  Go figure!  Anyway, here I am at almost 81 years old getting a tetanus shot and a DPT booster.  Oh, well… And my pain medicine Rx had been called in, too.  So I was able to get a 3-fer with my drugstore stop.
This afternoon, our Chef Christopher had the first of planned monthly programs called "Chef's Corner". He was going to prepare a dish for watchers to taste and decide whether or not it would be added to the menu list. His choice today was Tuscan Shrimp Pasta.  A simple dish with shrimp, pasta, and a sauce of garlic, spinach, dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and cream.  It was absolutely delicious! And I do hope it will make the menu listing.  This was a fun thing for him to do, and  it went over very well.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: