Friday, February 10, 2017

A good day!

I've just gotten some lovely news about my birthday.  Sue and Margaret have rented a large VRBO house in Chattanooga the weekend after my birthday, so it looks like I'll be having a good birthday party this year.

Most of today was about bridge.  I went to a "play and discuss" class this morning before play this afternoon.  One of the more experienced players is leading these free, informal classes.  She sets up the hands, and then we bid, discuss the bids, play the hand, and end with discussion of the play.  I really like that as a learning situation.  It sticks much better for me than just showing hands on a sheet of paper or blackboard and talking about it.  My partner and I were in the middle of the pack at the end of afternoon's play.  But with 53.7% takeaway, we each won 0.21 MP.  So it was a pretty good day.

We had lovely clear skies and I have a great view of the full moon.  I watched for an hour watching for the partial eclipse, but never noticed any change in the moon.  Oh, well.....

No comments: