Monday, November 03, 2014

VOTE!!



Please vote today (if you haven’t already voted early)!


True, there’s no presidential election this year. But remember ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL! The people you elect to your city, county, district, and state offices have much more direct influence over your life than the President.


Think about it…they decide your sales taxes, your property taxes, the schools for your children, zoning ordinances, libraries, garbage pickup, police and fire protection, and on and on.


In my location, with my political beliefs, I will probably see none of the candidates I’ve voted for win their elections. I do have some hope for a couple of ballot issues. Even with that being the case, I want everybody to vote.


It’s really terrible how low the turn-out is for elections in our country. Let’s see if we can’t do better.


VOTE!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I heard a comment this morning that makes some sense. Electing a governor is important. That's because governors do while congressmen talk.