Saturday, May 05, 2012

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom?
Usually, but not always.
2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone ?
Definitely alone! I hate doing it, so really have to concentrate. And I can’t do that with somebody else around.
3. It's your best friend’s birthday, would you buy them a gift even though they didn't buy you one for yours ?
I don’t necessarily give presents on a given day. But I’m always on the lookout for things I know special folks will like. Whether or not they’ve given me something isn’t an issue.
4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why?
Lump sum, definitely! In the first place, I’m 76. Other than that, it allows me to decide what I want to do with gifts and/or endowments, and invest it the way I want to.
5. Do you like your music loud or at a reasonable level?
There are a few things I like to listen to “loud” if I‘m alone, but mostly at a reasonable level.
6. Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person?
Love them both, but if I have to pick one, I’ll be at the ocean - not necessarily out on the beach, but definitely where I can see and listen to the water.
7. When do you brush your teeth?
After breakfast, unless we’re traveling.
8. Can you watch scary movies alone?
I don’t really like scary movies, but I don’t think I’d have a problem watching one alone.
9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who's in it with you?
I like a firm mattress. I’ll still take John in bed with me.
10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about?
I’m usually out and about, but I love my at-home days.
11. What's one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)?
Falling on the stairs and breaking my ankle (or other falls I’ve taken).
12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational?
I’m generally a peace-keeper, but I’m not afraid of confrontations.
13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends?
A few close friends. I’m not a fan of crowds.
14. What are your plans for October?
The first part of October, we’ll be on the St. Lawrence River with family and friends. No plans for the rest of the month (that I know of yet).
15. If money were not a problem, where would you like to live?
On the ocean somewhere.
16. What is your ideal profession?
Retired.
17. Are you (or were you) close to your Mom and Dad?
I was closer to my mother; my father died when I was 13.
18. What is one fear that you can't seem to overcome?
I don’t guess I have any fears like that.
19. Are you good at math?
Yes. I’m that strange combination of creativity and analytic thinking.
20. Editor's note. There is no question 20. It is sort of like getting a "Get out of Jail Free" card.
=====================================
Rose Window, All Saint's Chapel, University of the South, Sewanee, TN.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Good one. I should add it to the collection. 8-)

Poolie said...

Really interesting answers. Thanks!