Saturday, December 03, 2005


This has been a busy year, and I haven't written much. I'm sorry, and will try to do better.

Our trips have been wonderful (as usual), and I'll try to get back to write about them individually. But today, I wanted to post a picture of one of my paintings that was juried into an exhibit here in Chattanooga. The exhibit is called Eye Candy. It went up in early November and will be hanging through the end of the year. A reception for the juror and the artists was last night. It was exciting getting to meet the juror and some of the other artists. The food was good, too, but a crowded reception is really not the best place to see the art that's hanging. We did see the show a couple of weeks ago, but we need to go back and look again.

My piece (Color Symphony) is acrylic on canvas, 36x36". I've been doing nonrepresentational pieces for quite a while, but this series is the first time I've done acrylic on canvas. Usually I do watercolor or acrylic on paper. They have been great fun to do, and have have "come" very quickly. I so much enjoy the "process" of making art. I want the piece to be good and to be meaningful to the viewer, but my main joy is in the "doing".

I hope this brings some color into a cold, gray, drizzly day.

No comments: