Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nothing better than soup

We've had snow showers all day long, and the temperature has dropped from 37 at 8 a.m. to 25 now. We’ve had enough snow to stick on the grassy and raised surfaces. They’ve already announced that our county schools will be closed tomorrow. This usually means no early classes at the Y, so I don’t have to set the alarm in the morning.

I did do one of those job this morning that we (at least I) only do when forced into it. A jar got turned over in the refrigerator, so it was time to clean it out. Yuck! I got it early, though, so it wasn't too bad. And John helped get some of the shelves out and back in. At least it's done.

This is perfect weather for soup, so I made a big pot of clam chowder. I’d found a 3-pack of large cans of clams at Costco last time I was there, and I knew there’d be a time sometime this winter to make a big pot.
It was terrific - just right for such a cold night. Allan and Tina came over to share. They left a little earlier than they might have, just to be sure they got home. They called when they got home and, although there were some slick spots, they did get home.

Sleep warm!
===================================
This is a replica of a fisherman's hut in Osvor, Iceland.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: