Friday, May 09, 2008

Exciting!


Our local PBS station announced back the winter that the Antiques Road Show was going to tape a show here in Chattanooga. Tickets would be apportioned by lottery, and we could put our names in the pot. I did so and WOW!!!!! I actually got two tickets! ;D ;D The e-mail came on Friday. The taping will be 19 July. I don't remember when the show is to be broadcast, but it'll be in 2009 sometime. Each of us can take two items for them to look at.

I'm not sure what we'll be taking yet, but we'll be down in the garage looking through boxes. Possibilities include the gramophone and cylinders; the folding rocking chair; Jean's favorite, the ugly pitcher; my great-grandmother's portrait. I'm excited!

We've gotten an e-mail from Jesse, and he was to leave Friday evening sometime for Kuwait. He said they were flying in a civilian aircraft. It surely is nice to know that, at least so far, he's as close as e-mail.

Today's photo is one of my acrylic paintings.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh! Definitely the grammophone and the folding rocking chair!

Send me Jesse's email again please.

K