Thursday, December 03, 2015

A busy day in a busy week


I took a check to deposit in the bank.  I asked if they had a "medallion notary" - and to my surprise, they do have one.  I'd never heard of a medallion notary, but it's kind of  super-notary - requires more information that just a notarized signature.  It turns out this happens frequently with DuPont forms.  Who knew!  I didn't have all the necessary paperwork, but at least now I know this can be done at my own bank.
----------------------
The orthopedist put me in a boot for the fracture in my foot (it's in the extension of the toe bone of the little toe, back into the foot itself).  I go back on the 22nd, and we'll see what happens after that.  The boot really throws my none-too-steady gait off even more.  So I'll be walking with a cane while wearing it.  I think I'm going to have to take it off in order to drive, but he said that was okay to do.
----------------------
The end of an era!  After being in Chattanooga for 60 years, duPont will no longer have a presence in our Scenic City.  John was transferred to the duPont plant here in 1986, and was there until he retired at the end of 1991.  Yet another loss.

No comments: