Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Nothing is sure except change

I slept until 8:30 this morning - and it felt pretty good. I did two loads of laundry last night, and will wash again on Friday (before leaving on Saturday). At least, we don't have to worry much about clothes at the lake week. I did a short trip to WalMart, and went through the mail.

The big news of the day was our gallery meeting. It was the first time I'd seen Vicki since her grandson's funeral. I hated that we weren't able to be here - I really wanted to be here for her, but..... Anyhow, as you'd expect, it was a tremendously emotional time for everybody. The ceremony was with full military honors, so everyone was drained.

Vicki has definitely decided to close down her whole shop and gallery by the end of July. She said she was mostly ready, but Taylor's death really let her know how much she would rather spend her time with her family than having to be at the shop/gallery. And who can blame her. This business has been the focus of her life for 37 years, and she's finally ready to move on.

My problem is for me. What am I going to do now??? At least we’re going to be traveling for a while, and I don’t have to panic just yet.
---------------------------
The waterfront at Crisfield, MD.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sian said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday. Sorry you came home to such news about the gallery & shop, but I too can understand how Vicki must feel - well probably not *really* understand - it must be so terrible to have to deal with the loss of her grandson. But I do understand her need to focus on her priorities.