Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow!


Well, for once the weather guessers got it right. We've had about 0.5" of snow, and (so far, at least) it's only on the grass and the deck. At least down here in the valley, the temperature is hovering around 33, so things are staying wet. The only thing scheduled in the morning is my pedicure at 9, but I can always reschedule that. It surely is nice not to have to work about getting to work on time or whether or not the schools are closed.

Kate e-mailed that letter carrier brought The Sweater, but there was nobody there to sign for it. Wayne's going to the post office tomorrow to pick it up. There was no way I was going to mail it without extra insurance, hence the required signature.

Paul has a job working with the Spoleto Festival in Charleston in May/June. If you're planning to attend, be sure to look for him.

I got the bug to paint this morning, and did one of my really fast pieces. I do love it when that happens. I get started, and then just can't get the paint on the canvas fast enough. On the whole, I'm very pleased with the results. It needs a few changes yet, but I'll put up a photo when I'm satisfied that I'm finished. I haven't done one of these in the long time.

In honor of our snow, here's another snow picture from Colorado.

No comments: