Sunday, January 20, 2008

Painting


This is a painting I did last week - in just two painting sessions. It's not my usual type of thing. I love faces, but usually as abstracts, not portraits.
It's based on a photograph of a musician friend.

My original intention was to use part of the face as an abstract. But the face and attitude took over, and it just leapt onto the canvas. My friend doesn't know about it. Probably, I'll give it to him. It's 36x24, acrylic on canvas.

It was definitely winter today. This morning it was 14F, and later in the day soared up to 32. I realize that compared to the football weather this afternoon and evening, those were midsummer temperatures. But it was plenty cold enough for me.

I hope the results of the football games suited everybody. The only game I cared about was the Lady Vols vs. Vanderbilt, and that was an easy win for Tennessee.

No comments: