Saturday, June 21, 2014

A busy day

Who would've thought we'd have a busy Saturday.
It started out slow.  But then some folks from the Monday bridge group called.  We've been trying to get together to play some bridge for a while.  And it turned out today was the day.


Darryl and Rosemary came over after lunch and we had a lovely afternoon playing bridge.  We played "girls against the boys", and after a slow start, Rosemary and I wound up being ahead by 30 points.  We'll do that again sometime soon, I hope.

We had a great evening, too.  Tina brought us dinner from a new Italian place - pizza, meatballs, olives, and salad.  Absolutely delicious!  And we finished off the evening with some cherry pie.


All in all, a pretty good day!

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Oh, good! An uplifting day.

Now, if I can just get visible text to prove I am not a robot.

Bev Sykes said...

There was a time when I played bridge, but it was VERY informal and "real" players of bridge would be appalled by how we played. Only one of us (not me) was a serious player. But it was a nice time of camaraderie.