Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday stuff

John went to the Y early this morning, and then to the doc's office for fasting blood work. He's scheduled for a physical next week - nothing wrong, just a checkup.

I went in for an eye exam. Our optician is extremely thorough, which I appreciate since I do have that herpetic eye thing. (It's like shingles, but in my eye, and incredibly painful when it flares up.) Fortunately it's been quiescent for several years now.

He told me I have no signs of macular degeneration, and only minimal, probably age-related signs of glaucoma. I had noticed that my glasses might be needing changed, but it wasn't bad enough for me to mention. It showed up on the exam, though, so I was okay with going ahead and ordering new lenses. The new insurance I had to get this year will pay for most of the cost, so it won't be too bad.

Then it was a quick trip to the grocery stores. I got a rotisserie chicken for supper tonight. That’s such a bargain - usually 2-3 meals, plus broth for a soup base.

====================================

I love to take pictures of bridges from the water. These are from the waterway as the Grande Caribe left New Orleans.



 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liked your bridge's photos. Let me introduce my video on the site below.
https://vimeo.com/65053586